Overview - A Website Fully Integrated with a Backoffice System
We have been working closely with Orange Bikes for the past ten years.
Our involvement has been in two main areas:
- Maintaining and developing the website which is built on top of the ExpressionEngine Content Managememt System, including writing bespoke add-ons.
- Maintaining and developing their custom backoffice Factory Management software which controls the specification and production of their product range.
The project is a collaboration with Hitman who are responsible for all aspects of the design and branding.
Factory Management System
Orange Bikes day-to-day operations are managed by a bespoke software system which enables them to efficiently manage many aspects of their business.
Their range of mountain, gravel, road and other bikes can be customised to suit each customer and the management of these available sizes, colours and options is controlled by the Factory Software. Many bikes in their range are built to order and the software helps them to manage this process.
The system has these notable features, amongs many others:
- Create specifications for each bike in their product range including which options are available for each range.
- Record customer orders for bikes, including which options they have selected.
- Generate factory build sheets for each order.
- Manage the specification of components and options.
- Manage the distribution including automated emails to dealers regarding dispatch.
- Management of the Orange Bikes Dealerships.
- Generation of sales reports.
The system is under constant development as their business changes and our role is to design and develop the software to keep on top of these changes.
We are the lead developers for the Orange Bikes website.
The website is based on the ExpressionEngine CMS.
Our involvement with the website is:
- Development of the page templates
- Development and maintenance of a major ExpressionEngine add-on which retrieves data from the Factory Management System and makes it available to ExpressionEngine's templates to display the model range and dealer information.
- Development of other custom add-ons eg: Geo Location
- Creating new functionality and features such as the "Bike Builder" and dealer management
The website is under contstant developement.