ExpressionEngine upgrade 2.7.1 to 2.9.0
Before you start the upgrade
I came accross a couple of problems whilst upgrading a site which uses Multi Site Manager and quite a few AddOns so I thought I would share some of the things which I needed to do in order to get the upgrade working.
I discovered that it was necessary to upgrade all the AddOns, Modules, Extentions etc before I began. This is because some of them will cause a fatal error after the upgrade and prevent you accessing the control panel.
The installation didn't quite complete correctly, I was left with an empty box instead of the instructions to remove the install folder; not a great place to be. So I had to finish of the installation manually. Incidentally @johndwells suggested removing a survey from the installer: "Try removing views/surveys/survey_290.php from installer and re-running… If it works, we should compare notes!". Maybe this will work for you, if not read on.
To complete the installation I needed to add some columns to the database and try installing again.
Unknown column 'tr.order' in 'order clause'
For the exp_template_groups table I needed to add an order column. Here is the SQL statement:
I hope that this post may be useful to you.
Expression Engine Tips and Tricks
ExpressionEngine is a Content Management system which is highly flexible. Why not give it a try?
- ExpressionEngine White Screen of Death
- Field Types Trick when Upgrading ExpressionEngine from 2.x to 6.x
- Getting Captcha Working
- ExpressionEngine upgrade 2.7.1 to 2.9.0
- Transcribe tips
- Using SafeCracker with AJAX and Solspace Calendar
- Creating Navigation Using Structure
- CP Loses Its Styling
- Thumbnails aren't Created in EE on a Windows Installation
- Can't Get a Template to Load from File
- How to Remove index.php on IIS
- File Cannot Be Written To Disk
- Error 500.0 Internal Server Error
- Unable to Load Site Preferences
- Your Config File Does Not Appear to be Formatted Correctly