File Cannot Be Written To Disk
Error when trying to upload a PDF
This fault usually manifests itself when members who are not Super Admins try to upload a PDF using File Manager. This can also be the case when using the Wygwam fieldtype which uses EE's file upload system.
In these cases, the user will get the following message:
"File cannot be Written to Disk"
Try navigating to Admin -> Security and Privacy -> Security and Sessions and set "Apply XSS Filtering" to "No".
If that fixes it then you have a temporary but not an ideal solution. XSS (or Cross Site Scripting) is a security vulnerability and what this fix does is diable EE's security measures. There's a good post on Stack Exchange about a possible, more permanent solition.
Expression Engine Tips and Tricks
ExpressionEngine is a Content Management system which is highly flexible. Why not give it a try?
- ExpressionEngine White Screen of Death
- Field Types Trick when Upgrading ExpressionEngine from 2.x to 6.x
- Getting Captcha Working
- ExpressionEngine upgrade 2.7.1 to 2.9.0
- Transcribe tips
- Using SafeCracker with AJAX and Solspace Calendar
- Creating Navigation Using Structure
- CP Loses Its Styling
- Thumbnails aren't Created in EE on a Windows Installation
- Can't Get a Template to Load from File
- How to Remove index.php on IIS
- File Cannot Be Written To Disk
- Error 500.0 Internal Server Error
- Unable to Load Site Preferences
- Your Config File Does Not Appear to be Formatted Correctly