How to Remove index.php on IIS
Web Config for ExpressionEngine
To Remove index.php from ExpressionEngine URLs when using IIS7 do the following:
1. If one isn't there already, create a web.config file in the website's root directory.
2. If you are creating a new web.config file then the following code should work:
If there is already a web.config file in the root directory then you only need to add the rewrite rule section.
3. In ExpressionEngine go to Admin -> General Configuration and delete the name of your site's index page
(usually "index.php") in the "Name of your site's index page" field and select submit.
That's it - URL rewriting should be working in the same way as using .htaccess on Apache.
Expression Engine Tips and Tricks
ExpressionEngine is a Content Management system which is highly flexible. Why not give it a try?
- ExpressionEngine White Screen of Death
- Field Types Trick when Upgrading ExpressionEngine from 2.x to 6.x
- Getting Captcha Working
- ExpressionEngine upgrade 2.7.1 to 2.9.0
- Transcribe tips
- Using SafeCracker with AJAX and Solspace Calendar
- Creating Navigation Using Structure
- CP Loses Its Styling
- Thumbnails aren't Created in EE on a Windows Installation
- Can't Get a Template to Load from File
- How to Remove index.php on IIS
- File Cannot Be Written To Disk
- Error 500.0 Internal Server Error
- Unable to Load Site Preferences
- Your Config File Does Not Appear to be Formatted Correctly
Windows is run on approximately 20% of webservers as of June 2022