Your Config File Does Not Appear to be Formatted Correctly
A very unhelpful error message
You unpack a fresh copy of EE into your site folder and then navigate to the site with your browser.
The following message is displayed:
"Your config file does not appear to be formatted correctly."
This confusing message will appear if you haven't yet completed the EE install. Navigate to http://yoursite.com/admin.php and actually perform the install process! Yes we know, it's basic, but we've done this more than once.
Expression Engine Tips and Tricks
ExpressionEngine is a Content Management system which is highly flexible. Why not give it a try?
- ExpressionEngine White Screen of Death
- Field Types Trick when Upgrading ExpressionEngine from 2.x to 6.x
- Getting Captcha Working
- ExpressionEngine upgrade 2.7.1 to 2.9.0
- Transcribe tips
- Using SafeCracker with AJAX and Solspace Calendar
- Creating Navigation Using Structure
- CP Loses Its Styling
- Thumbnails aren't Created in EE on a Windows Installation
- Can't Get a Template to Load from File
- How to Remove index.php on IIS
- File Cannot Be Written To Disk
- Error 500.0 Internal Server Error
- Unable to Load Site Preferences
- Your Config File Does Not Appear to be Formatted Correctly