Unable to Load Site Preferences
A Possible Database Login Problem
If you get the following error:
An Error Was Encountered
Site Error: Unable to Load Site Preferences; No Preferences Found
It's most likely caused by EE not being able to log in to the database.
Another possibility is an empty database! This happened once when I exported a database and, by accident, only exported the schema and not the data. When the database was restored all the tables were empty and EE displayed this meesage.
It is also possible that EE will display this message for a database with a missing table.
Expression Engine Tips and Tricks
ExpressionEngine is a Content Management system which is highly flexible. Why not give it a try?
- ExpressionEngine White Screen of Death
- Field Types Trick when Upgrading ExpressionEngine from 2.x to 6.x
- Getting Captcha Working
- ExpressionEngine upgrade 2.7.1 to 2.9.0
- Transcribe tips
- Using SafeCracker with AJAX and Solspace Calendar
- Creating Navigation Using Structure
- CP Loses Its Styling
- Thumbnails aren't Created in EE on a Windows Installation
- Can't Get a Template to Load from File
- How to Remove index.php on IIS
- File Cannot Be Written To Disk
- Error 500.0 Internal Server Error
- Unable to Load Site Preferences
- Your Config File Does Not Appear to be Formatted Correctly